February 12, 2009
Google buys a defunct paper mill, which it’s turning into a data center. I can’t help but think of the missed opportunities:
- Google Blank: DIY Search and Document Creation.
- Okay, that was too cute. How about Google Paper Services for Enterprise? Google sells you its Apps suite, tech support, AND the paper you print your documents on. And everything you photocopy ends up in a Google search engine.
- Google File: (im)personal archive services.
- Google is going to print its own money.
- New team-building exercise: all Google employees to collaborate on a five-act play with at least 500 speaking parts.
- Google Airplanes.
- Google Trading Cards: collect all your top searches!
- Google Direct Mail: We store your documents, email, and contacts, AND will send your letters for you!
So many possibilities.