March 28, 2007
Radical Radical Transparency Transparency
I totally do not have time to process this right now, but I’m pretty sure it is awesome:
- Wired does an issues on radical transparency. One part is a piece by Fred Vogelstein on Microsoft’s blogging efforts.
- Microsoft’s PR firm, Waggener Edstrom, writes up a giant briefing document for MSFT execs on how to deal effectively with Vogelstein.
- The firm accidentally emails this document to Vogelstein. Ta-da!
- Wired editor Chris Anderson blogs about it.
- Fred Vogelstein blogs about it.
- Wait for it…
- The president of Waggener Edstrom blogs about it!
The whole thing has transformed into a kind of crazy transparency-off. Yes, I have made up my mind: This is awesome.
P.S. Also in this issue of Wired: Clive Thompson quotes me! (I commented on his blog while he was working on this piece.)