Things I’m digging right now:
- This old Tungg song: Bullets. It wasn’t until the third listen that I decided it was being sung by happy, dancing zombies. Or hobbits. Or zombie hobbits? (Be sure to get past the odd little sonic intro.)
- I think I mentioned him before, but man, I just cannot get enough of Hudson Mohawke. Two of my favorite tracks are on this page in different forms, but I really think it’s worth getting the whole album. Here’s some more context.
- I love Jillian Tamaki’s sketchbook. These animals are appealing without being overcute. (Total Babar vibe, you know?) There are glimpses into her process. And overall I’m just blown away by the variety of tone and style. Like, wha? Whaaa?
- Tornadoes in Brooklyn has been on a roll lately. Love these images of the magical (?!) former Soviet Union. These ones creep me out. And look at the texture of the sky here. Is that real? I’m kinda suspicious. Look at these signal flags! Wrapped up like Batman’s utility belt… for a boat.
- Let’s get a Snarkmarket treehouse.