Cribbed from Current.com: Portraits of people and their breakfasts. Minimal and lovely.
Suddenly realizing I need to up my breakfast game in a big way. I don’t actually want to be part of the cup-of-coffee crowd (as I currently am).
Allow me to plug my favorite breakfast option: scrambled eggs plus. Procedure:
1. Crack eggs into a bowl while pre-heating skillet. Whip eggs with fork until slightly bubbly.
2. Spray skillet with cooking spray and pour in the eggs. Let stand for about half a minute before starting to stir.
3. About halfway through cooking, add the “plus” — one additional ingredient to give the eggs some flavor. Options include pesto, salsa, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, shredded cheese, diced ham, diced tomatoes, jalapeno peppers… if you want to impress someone, try popcorn shrimp and diced avocado.
Serve with toast and jam (or tea and crumpets).
I’m also a fan of scrambled eggs plus, although I like a more robust addition of ingredients to the eggs. (It really comes out of my inability to fold up an omelette.)
The other day, this combination turned into a gustatory dream:
1) Four eggs, beaten with half-and-half, pepper, dried basil, and hot sauce;
2) Goat cheese with herbs;
3) Small pieces of smoked trout;
4) Black bean and chipotle salsa.
Rolled up and served in a sun-dried-tomato tortilla. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven.
Below, you can use basic HTML tags and/or Markdown syntax.
Composing a reply. Cancel?
Founded in 2003, Snarkmarket is a long-running conversation about media, journalism, technology, cities, design, books, music, movies, the future, and the past.
The title, it should be said, is a misnomer. You’ll see.
Follow along: @Snarkmarket on Twitter / Snarkmarket RSS
A leaky rocketship
/ Bless the toolmakers
/ The art of working in public
/ The cave, the corps, the league
/ The two mayors
/ Age of majority
/ A hypothetical path to the speakularity
/ Kanye west, media cyborg
/ Only crash
/ Stock and flow
All-time best comment threads:
Explosions in the sky
The deep snarkives: 2016 (4)